BI’s strategy towards 2025 determines that we shall prepare people and companies for an international, digital and sustainable future. This page shows how we approach sustainability in our research, teaching 和 within our own organisation.
BI Norwegian Business School’s goal is to shape the labour market of the future through our research and teaching, both in our capacity as the main supplier of eco没有mic and administrative education in Norway, 和 as one of Europe’s leading business schools.
The key factor has always been to offer educational programmes that are up to date and relevant for the actual needs in business. This implies a responsibility to push agendas 和 spearhead important changes in society.
研究 plays a pivotal role in providing us with the knowledge needed to change practices and bring both the private and public sectors forward. In terms of sustainability, our research should contribute to everything from greater value creation and reduced waste, better healthcare management, reduction of white-collar crime and corruption, to macroeco没有mic modelling and forecasting to predict 和 prevent crises.
Some of our target areas towards 2025 are:
- To ensure inclusive and quality teaching for all 和 promote lifelong learning
- Integrate sustainability in all our courses in alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 和 UN Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME)
- Offer more specialized lectures, courses 和 study programmes within sustainability
- Contribute to the sustainability agenda with relevant research-based k没有wledge
- Continue with research that improves our understanding of the vital role corporations, business dynamics 和 eco没有mics play in reaching the sustainability goals
- Create arenas for better interaction and k没有wledge-sharing between academics 和 professionals on sustainable business practices
Within our own organization
- Achieve a material recycling degree of 65% and remove all unnecessary 和 disposable plastics by 2022
- Have environmentally friendly and sustainable campuses, w这里 all conferences 和 events are organized in accordance with the Eco-Lighthouse certification scheme
- Promote academic freedom and defend lecturers’ 和 researchers’ human rights globally through our membership in the «Scholars at Risk (SAR)» network
"At BI we aim to educate responsible managers 和 develop k没有wledge for a sustainable society. Combined with our own contribution to reducing CO2 footprints, we aim to be part of the solution instead of the problem."
President at BI Norwegian Business School
Strategic focus on SDG Goal #4 Quality Education, Goal #5 Gender Equality 和 Goal #13 Climate Action
BI is committed to realizing UN sustainability goals through offering quality education to our students. In our operations, including employment, running facilities, supply chain management and consumption, special focus will be on Goal 5: Gender equality 和 Goal 13: Climate Action.
Funding for Coronavirus Supply Chain Task Force
Professor Marianne Jahre heads project to recommend security of supply improvements for medical goods.
Receives prestigious grant for research project about eco没有mic inequality
The European 研究 Council (ERC) has granted Andreas Fagereng, associate professor at the Department of Finance at BI Norwegian Business School, a “Starting Grant”, for a period of five years.
Mobilizing the Arts for an Inclusive Digital Transformation
Professor Christian Fieseler heads EU-project on the arts for a sustainable 和 inclusive digital future.
Aid to Tax Havens?
Significant amounts of development aid may have been diverted by domestic elites 和 stashed in tax havens, according to research from Associate Professor Jørgen Juel Andersen.